Saturday, December 5, 2009

Come and behold Him, born the King of angels......


Simon Dewey

Christmas was always magical for me. From my earliest recognition, every thought I have of Christmas is filled with happiness and sweet, fond memories. I remember laying under our huge Christmas tree, smelling the pine and watching the lights dance off the ornaments. I remember rearranging the presents under the tree - endlessly, until they looked just right - and then even some more :). My mom always had Christmas music playing - all hours of the day. Amy Grant's Christmas album still makes me feel all warm and reminiscent. I remember the Christmas Eve's all cramped in mom and dad's bedroom - but how fun it was! I especially remember one Christmas Eve that the music kept getting louder and louder, despite the five sleeping (well kinda) children. Only to find a cute little puppy the next morning who was barking louder and louder each hour. And of course the Christmas Eve dinner on Dad's birthday in our new pajamas from Mrs. Clause followed by It's a Wonderful Life. Oh I could go on and on!

So how do I make Christmas this magical for my children. How do I not only bring these special memories into play, but also how do I teach them the true meaning? Shon and I have been discussing this and I have had this a lot on my mind this last little while. I'm not sure, I know I don't have all the answers yet. I do know that they need to see our love of service, our love of the Savior and his birth celebration. I know its by example. But I also know I have much more to learn in this matter.

It seams that some years Christmas seems more meaningful more special than others. It is my goal to make it this way every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment