Friday, October 2, 2009

Seasons

I love Fall.

I love the cooler weather it brings.
I love the beautiful changing colors of the leaves.
I love watching the wind blow our tree outside, capturing and taking with it a few leaves.
I love driving down a leaf covered street.

Fall seems to bring beautiful change.

While thinking about this I thought of seasons in my life. I laid Benson down to sleep tonight and watched his little angelic face peacefully sleep, I then went and kissed each of my other little angels who were all also peacefully sleeping.

I thought of how much I love this season in my life. It may not be glorious, it may not bring home a regular paycheck. I may be changing diapers, wiping noses, fixing endless amounts of chocolate milk and chicken nuggets, and tackling a never-ending laundry pile.
But I am also able to kiss Emma and Parker every morning before they leave for school. I am able to hear about their days as soon as they walk through the door. I am able to hug Evan and Benson anytime of the day. I am able to read to them, to bake with them, to color with them, to laugh with them.

Yes, I love this season of my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment