In honor of Mother's Day, here are 20 things I love about my fabulous mom:
1. My mom is very supportive, but at the same time, helps you keep your feet on the ground.
2. When you wake my mom up in the middle of the night, she tries to make her voice sound as if shes been sitting in bed waiting for you phone call.
3. She's our own personal spell check (something I've needed help with on more than one occasion).
4. She's the families go-to nurse (we would trust her advice over a professionals, I think).
5. She has an unmeasurable amount of faith in Jesus Christ, and it shows in her everyday actions.
6. She and my dad are best friends, which is obvious to even the causal observer.
7. She is honest, you can trust her opinion on anything.
8. She's everyone free personal therapist; friends, family, the grocery store clerk.
9. She will drop everything in her oh-so-busy schedule to make you feel important. About a year ago I was feeling pretty down on myself and the "place I felt I held in this world". Despite the many, many things she had to do, she took the time out to bring flowers and plant them with me and the kids. It seams like such a simple thing, but it meant the world to me.
10. She is a fantastic teacher, especially in things relating to the gospel.
11. She has a great sense of humor.
12. She is an example of what a true daughter should be.
13. She loves unconditionally.
14. She is the ultimate nurturer. All of her children go to her in times of sickness; whether its a small cold, or a surgery, where we recover at her house.
15. She gave me life and taught me how to live.
16. She is very, very charitable. Her and my dad will give just about anything to anyone who needs it, even a home. While growing up, more time than not, we would have someone living with us. We used to joke that we should have a sign in the front declaring "vacancy" or "no vacancy". I remember at one time, we even had a homeless family living with us who my parents had previously never met.
17. She has lovingly shaped us into who we are today, with her example, compassion, love and teaching.
18. She is a terrific grammie; and to prove it, the last two are reasons why my kids love their grammie (Evan loves you too, he just has a hard time expressing it with the right words).
19. Emma loves you because you make her feel good and special. You are always nice to her and you love her.
20. Parker loves you because you are nice, you have High School Musical, you have horses that you love, you love riding bikes like he does, and you make him feel happy.
I love her because she is my mom, our mom, and we couldn't be more blessed! There are so many, many reasons, more than we listed, why we love you so very, very much!