Monday, July 12, 2010

Our Little Salt Lake Excursion

Shon was at scout camp for 2 and a half days last week. The first day I was stuck on the couch with the flu so the second day I wanted to do something fun with them. We took my little brother Joesph along and headed out for Salt Lake.

We boarded the trax and made our way tot he church museum. I thought it would be great for the kids to review some pioneer history with Pioneer Day approaching. The museum was even more fun than I had planned on though, they have this great exhibit going on right now called "I am a child of God". There are so many fun interactive things for the kids to do, I would highly recommend it!



























I was about done by the time we got back to the trax station, after pushing Benson in the stroller, carrying Evan on my shoulders and making sure Em and Park held on to someone at all times (I tend to get a little paranoid in places I am not completely comfortable with). While we were waiting for the trax, we looked over and saw the fountains at Symphony Hall and the kids mentioned hoe great it would be to jump in them right then. So what could I do? We headed over to The Gateway and found their fountains. The kids had so much fun! The we got some ice cream and headed back home on the trax. 5 hours later, I was exhausted and apparently so were my kids. I was holding Bens in one arm while he slept, my other arm was propping Evan's head up who was fast asleep and Park was on my other side leaning against me, also asleep. All in all though, it was so much fun and I would do it again in a heartbeat!

No comments:

Post a Comment