Saturday, July 24, 2010

Happy Pioneer Day!



Oh boy have I been a slacker lately! This blog, once so consistent is quite lacking! I can't decided if it is because of laziness or sheer exhaustion and busyness. I have quite a bit to catch up on, but being that it's after 10 and we just got the car unpacked from our camping trip, I just don't have the energy to download and edit all the pictures. But I just couldn't let pioneer day go by without paying tribute to those men and women who sacrificed so much so that we could have freedom to worship how we chose without persecution.

Many a pioneer day has gone by when I, unfortunately haven't even thought about why we celebrate. But today, while Parker and I were sitting around the fire eating our lunch, he asked me why we celebrate Pioneer Day. We had a wonderful discussion about sacrifices that were made and the heroes that those men and women really are. I sometimes forget how drawn that little guy is to spiritual matters. He drinks it all in, quietly but so intently listening. He then proudly told the rest of the family on the way home all that he had learned, never missing a beat. It was such a small but wonderful bonding time that we were both able to have heartfelt gratitude for those men and women.

No comments:

Post a Comment