Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Still in love.....


It was 9 years ago yesterday that Shon purposed to me. It is so like Shon to be completely unselfish and purpose on his birthday. It completely took me off guard. I knew it was coming, we had picked out the ring together, but I never imagined that it would happen on his day.

I had planned a surprise party for him that night at his apartment. And the plan was to keep him away til 8ish. Little did I know, he knew all about it. So I took him up to the the Joseph Smith Memorial Building where we had dinner. Looking back, he was pretty nervous - shivering all night because "it was cold". But strangely, no one else thought so.

On the way home, I was in a hurry to get back to Prove where all his friends were waiting. But he said his sister wanted him to stop by and get his present. I asked if we could go tomorrow but he was very insistent. I can still remember my exact thoughts that ran through my head "Geese Mr. Greedy, just get it tomorrow."

So as we are driving into his sister's neighborhood I see her and her husband parked on an off street. "Hey, isn't that your sister?" I ask. "No", he replies a little too quickly. So by this time I should have seen the flashing red lights right? Picked out the ring, insistent on this detour, seeing his sister conspicuously parked? But no, I had no idea.

We get to her house and they had it beautifully set up. Candlelight, pictures of us. Still had no idea. I even said, "Oh how sad - we already ate." But, he had written me a poem that I read, and then he did the gentlemanly thing and got down on one knee. It was perfect.

I fall in love with him a little more each day. It's the little things. Like right now, he is driving our little sick Evan around to get him to fall asleep. I love ya babe.

No comments:

Post a Comment