Friday, November 13, 2009

Savior of the World



Tonight we were able to watch a play that Shon and Emma have been involved in for our stake, Savior of the World. They have put so much time and effort into this and it really paid off. I originally began in the play also, but it was so time consuming and I just couldn't fit it into my schedule. I encouraged Emma to quit with me (as horrible as that sounds) because I thought it was just too much for her also. But, she was adamant about being in it.

I am so thankful she stood her ground and has worked so hard, along with Shon. It really, really, really paid off. They did such as fantastic job, I was so impressed! Shon was the angel Gabriel and then part of the angel chorus and Israelites and Emma was part of the angel chorus and the Israelites.

The songs and the messages were so very beautiful. I think my favorite part would have to be something so simple but that made such an impact on me. As Emma and Shon stood on the colonnade, Shon with his hands on Emma's shoulders, both dressed in white, I got the distinct impression/desire that I need to live in a way that makes me worthy to see that forever. To have my eternal companion, dressed in white with my heavenly daughter (and sons), singing and testifying of the Savior.

It was such an inspiring way to start off the holiday season. As I watched them portray the Savior's birth, I was reminded of what the Christmas season is all about. It's not about the latest toys, fancy ribbons and bows, or even fun get-togethers. This Christmas season, it is my hope and prayer that I will gain a stronger testimony of the Savior, whose birth we celebrate. He came into the world and lived in a away that should be celebrated everyday of our lives.

As they sang the closing song, with once again, Emma standing with Shon, tears stung my eyes.

Jesus, once of humble birth
Now in glory comes to earth
Once he suffered grief and pain
Now he comes on earth to reign.

Well done Shon and Emma, thank you for your hard work that led to my increased testimony of the Savior. We love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment