Saturday, October 24, 2009

My Testimony of Journal Keeping

So, its been 38 days now since I decided to try out President Eyrings invitation to look for what the Lord has done in our families life and to record it each night. What a difference in my life it has made! I want to share my testimony on the importance of keeping a family journal. Obviously I have only just begun, but I have been amazed each night as I think about and remember the events of the day, how I am more easily able to recognize the hand of the Lord.

Simple moments that previously went unnoticed now are brought to life. I am able to see my children and husband in a new light. I am able to appreciate things that before seemed ordinary. I am able to feel the love of my Heavenly Father stronger than I had been accustomed to, just because I took a few moments to remember and to feel.

Heavenly Father is waiting for us to accept his love and to recognize those moments when he sheds his love upon us. I know this to be true, for as I have watched for it, the spirit has testified this to me. I know He loves me. I know he loves my family. For this I am eternally grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment