I have been tagged by three different people so her goes:
8 Random things (I am going to combine this with the 5 random things tag) So, here are some of the unusual things about me that I won't be too embarrassed to share:
1. I am very attached to my blanket, and I always have been. I took my baby blanket with me on my honeymoon and it got left in the hotel in Hawaii. When I realized it a little too late, on the plane ride back I was frantic. I called the hotel as soon as we landed but they had not found it during cleaning. Shon said they probably thought it was an old rag and through it away - which very possibly could have been the case. Luckily, I had a backup that I was just as attached to but it didn't accompany us on the honeymoon because it is a queen size. I can't sleep without it, and not matter how hot is is, It has to be covering me and up against my face. Needless to say, its very worn out. A while ago the seem tore and being the crafty person that I am, I hot glued it. Not such a smart idea.
2. Whenever I come into a room and there is a group of people talking, I always think they are talking about me. I'm a little paranoid. I only accuse my family of it though.
3. When I was about 8 or so I had my first solo debut. It was in sacrament meeting during the primary program and I was supposed to sing one of the verses of "Baptism". It didn't go to well. To make a long story short - it ended with me running from the chapel sobbing. I'm still embarrassed to this day about it!
4. K, now this ones a little weird, being that I am happily married and all, but since Shon has no problem with it, I guess its okay to share. I am really attracted to black men. Just about any black man will get my attention. Don't worry - I'm just as attracted to Shon. Too much info?
5. I can not be touched at night. If anyone is even breathing on me, I can not sleep. I asked Shon what was unique or weird about me for this post, and this was the first one he brought up - it drives him crazy!
6. I have absolutely no rhythm. My family gets quite the kick out of it. I can count beats in piano and musical pieces but when it comes to dancing, its hopeless.
7. I have a very obsessive personality. I become really obsessed with one thing at a time, and it consumes all of my spare time. Unfortunately it is never something that could making me a better person like scripture reading or something. Lately it has been a certain TV show, or a series of books and now blogging.
8. When I was 3 my nose was cut off. Some men were at my house fixing the rain gutters and my dad asked me to turn on the hose, which was right under the spot the men were working (at least this is how I remember it - sorry if I'm a little off mom). The rain gutter slipped out the mans hands and where should it land? Right down the middle of my nose. My nose was hanging by a flap - if that makes sense. I was rushed into plastic surgery and my mom was told my nose would never be the same. Luckily it ok - at least I hope it appears that way to everyone else. You can still see the scar if you look closely.
And now onto the next tag - 47 Questions
1. Were you named after anyone? No, my parents just like the name
2. When was the last time you cried? I don't really know, last time I can remember was when my kids sang on Mothers Day in Sacrament meeting
3. Do you like your handwriting? Yes, most of the time - depends on the pen I'm using - is that weird?
4. What is your favorite lunch meat? Turkey - but does anyone really care?
5. Do you have kids? Yep - three, Emma (5), Parker (4 next month) and Evan (20 months) and ..... just kidding!
6. If you were another person would you be friend with you? Probably on my good days - when I'm prego, no.
7. Do you use sarcasm a lot? Yes, but I think sometimes people don't get my use of it.
8. Do you still have your tonsils? Yep, they're healthy and strong.
9. Would you bungee jump? Yes, I would be scared out of my mind, but I love rush. My dad and I used to talk about going together but it never happened.
10. What is your favorite cereal? Probably Raisin Nut Bran, which is weird cuz I hate nuts.
11. Do you unite your shoes when you take them off? Nope, way to mush work.
12. Do you think you are strong? No, I do want to be one day though.
13. What is your favorite ice cream? Vanilla with lots of milk poured on top
14. What is the first thing you notice about people? This is kind of a hard question, I don't know - I guess I evaluate them to see if they look friendly
15. Red or Pink - do I have to choose one of those, I guess pink then.
16. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? I am impatient - something I am working on improving.
17. Who do you miss the most? Opa, he was the kind of grandfather everyone would get to have.
18. Do you want everyone to send this back to you? Yes, it really fun!
19. What color shoes are you wearing? No shoes, I'm barefoot.
20. What was the last thing that you ate? An ice cream sundae from McDonalds
21. What are you listing to right now? Kara's playlist, but sometimes I just don;t understand her music. Some of it I totally love, but others are a little too loud for my taste - I love ya though Kara.
22. If you were a crayon what color would you be? Probably white, cuz its a combination of all of the colors and I want my life to be a combination of all the great influence that people have left with me.
23. Favorite smells? Lavender baby bedtime lotion and Bounce dryer sheets
24. Who was the last person that you talked to on the phone? The receptionist at Parker's dentist office.
25. Do you like the person who tagged you? How could you not love Kara?
26. Favorite sports to watch? Only sport I will watch - BYU football.
27. Hair color? Brownish - blonde
28. Eye color? Blue.
29. Do you wear contacts? No tried um, but I can't stand um.
30. Favorite food? I really don't have an absolute favorite, but I really like soup.
31. Scary movies or happy endings? Happy endings. But I do love the murder mystery shows on TV.
32. Last movie you watched? She's got move - pretty good, redbox special.
33. What color shirt are you wearing? Red.
34. Summer or Winter? Like Kara, I like both, but am ready for the next season before the next starts. But, I also love fall - that's my favorite, everything is so beautiful.
35. Hugs or kisses? Hugs
36. Favorite dessert? Do I have to chose one? This is my downfall, I love cheesecake, peace cobbler, cinnamon rolls and......(I could go on and on and on)
37. Most likely to respond? I don't know I haven't figured out who I am going to tag - probably Alisha since I have pulled her into the blogging this (finally).
38. Least likely to respond? I don't know
39. What books are you reading now? The Ensign lately - not really a book, but it counts right? But I am counting down the days until the 4ht twilight book comes out! Yea!
40. What is in your mouse pad? I don't have one.
41. What did you watch on TV last night? Didn't watch TV - pretty amazing huh?
42. Favorite sound? My kids voices and laughs.
43. Rolling Stones or Beatles? Neither - not my style of music.
44. Where is the farthest you have been from home? Hawaii.
45. Do you have a special talent? I don't know - not one that's unique or anything.
46. Where were you born? Provo, Utah, we Utahans like to stay here, hope I never have to move.
47. If you could go anywhere, where would it be? New Zealand
So there you go. Now you all know much more than you probably were ever interested in knowing about me. Now I tag Alisha, Diana, Ian, Jade and Janine. You all can just pick one that's interesting to you. Happy blogging!