Saturday, October 23, 2010

Shon's Grandma

A few weeks ago Shon's grandma unexpectedly passed away. She had been sick, and in and out of the hospital but the doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong. They would rule out one thing, and diagnose it as another but she didn't seem to be getting better. Come to find out, they believe she had cancer. There is too much of that in the world today, too much in our family. They did however send her home to watch conference and later that evening she passed away.

She was a wonderful woman, one that I considered my own grandmother. She was witting, kind and caring and always had a positive outlook on life. I always looked forward to seeing her, and in many ways was closer to her than my own grandmothers. She just had a way of making you feel loved and accepted. She will truly be missed, she already is.

We were able to attend her funeral in Idaho, which was wonderful. Here are a few pictures I took from that afternoon.


Shon's mom and grandpa


Shon's mom and dad and sister, Emily

Shon's dad handing out one of the flowers from the arrangements

Bens with his flower
All of the Hawkes Family (I am aware that I look horrible, oh well....)

Shon's mom



No comments:

Post a Comment