Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Emma's Baptism Day

Saturday was a wonderfully surreal day for us. I had always thought the day would be very special, but I guess I never imagines how truly incredible it would be. It was the only time that I can remember wanting to freeze that moment forever. We all couldn't have been happier. Everyone we loved was there, minus Josh Wardle who unfortunately was doing the funeral of the soldier who passed away last week in battle. What made it ever more special was that my dad was able to be there with us. I had worried and fretted about this constantly but the Lord truly was watching over us and he knew how important that was to all of us.

From the opening song, my emotions flowed freely, everything was just so close to the surface. We were so proud of our little girl for making the decision to be baptized. Shon asked her as we were leaving why she wanted to be baptized and she said because she wanted to live in heaven again. How simple yet profound the faith of a child!




Emma doesn't like to be the center of attention so all of the focus being on her made her quite nervous, but despite that she absolutely glowed. She, her siblings and her cousins sang, "if the Savior stood beside me", and Em sang the 2nd verse by herself. It is one of those moments that I will never forget. We love you so much Em!





We have a bunch of other picutes but I can't figure out why this dumb blogger wont let me upload vertical pictures. Grrrrr....

No comments:

Post a Comment