Monday, July 5, 2010

Our Start to the Independence Day Weekend

Our Independence day started off bright and early Saturday morning. I ran my 3rd 5k with my sister and law, Emily. Then our little Emma and Evan ran in their first races also! Emma ran in the 1/2 mile and Ev ran in the 1/4. My race started at 7am so Shon had to have all the kids up and to the park by 7:45 for Emma's race. With everything going on, he forgot the camera. Luckily his sisters brought theirs and caught a few. As soon as I am emailed them I will post it.

We raced home, did Emma's hair and then Shon took her to the parade drop off point so she could walk in the parade with her cousins, whose stake had a float this year. I jumped in the shower and by the time Shon was ready to pick me back up the roads had closed. So....I jumped on a bike and rode 2 miles to where his family was. So, by 9am I had run 3.2 miles and biked 2. Luckily we were all able to relax for a few hours to watch the parade.

Parker, his cousin Mikey and Evan watching the parade




















Em with her aunt Amy, and cousins Sarah, Cardon, Kate and Jerom

No comments:

Post a Comment