Monday, June 28, 2010

Close Call


This little guy gave us quite the scare the other night. Shon was out of town - camping with his friends but I had agreed to go swimming with the kids, against my better judgement. I figured my mom and my sister and brother would be there so I could keep an eye on the kids. Em can pretty much take care of herself, Parker wont leave the steps into the water and Benson is terrified of water so he wont even come close. So I just needed to worry about Evan. Easy enough right? Wrong.

I had been in the pool, swam around with him and then he just wanted to hang out with Park on the step. I was holding Benson around the back side of a pool table, when I saw Evan struggling to get above water. As anyone can imagine, my heart stopped and I went in panic mode. Screaming for someone to get him while I put Benson down and tried to make my way around the table. I felt like I was in slow motion. My mom became the hero for the day. She jumped in, fully clothed and saved our little boy. My mom has given me so many things to be grateful for and now I owe her my sons life. Words just can't express the deep gratitude I feel. We have this little firecracker still with us perfectly safe and sound. It broke my heart when I was holding him after and he said in a shaky little voice, "I was so scared."

We love you so much Ev and are so grateful that you are still here to bless our lives everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment