Thursday, April 1, 2010

A not so good start to April

This morning the older boys woke up with the chickens at the crack of dawn - it was still dark outside. They were kind enough to let me sleep until Benson woke up. When I went downstairs it was not only quite a large mess but they had built a "fire" in my family room out of pretzel sticks and water. Nice.

I also woke up to this....


Now don't get me wrong, I love snow as much as the next person, probably more so. But that's in the winter - at Christmastime. Heck, I don't even mind it throughout February. But it's April! For heaven's sake I am trying to get back in a running schedule and this is not fun to run in. While eating breakfast Evan yelled, "It's Christmas Eve!" When I told him it wasn't he couldn't understand why it was snowing then. So I told him sometimes it snows on Christmas Eve and other time it just snows because it's dumb. Well, Parker thought this was perhaps the funniest thing he had ever heard. It laughed so hard he choked on his cereal and spit it all over the table.

Later while Park was at school, Evan asked me when he was going to get the "4-wheeler man". This 4-wheeler man just happened to be in a his Easter basket that I put together last night and hid in the storage room.

Have I ranted and raved enough? Here's to a better second day of April. Maybe this has been some kind of cruel April Fools joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment