Friday, December 25, 2009

For Christ is born of Mary.....


This Christmas season I have been especially drawn to Christ's mother Mary. I have thought of her often and have come to have such great respect for this magnificent woman.

She is truly a woman who explimplifies all we are women strive to be.

As I think of my love for the Savior who sacrificed all to make it possible for me to have Eternal Life, and then as I also think of my deep love for my children, I can only imagine the love Mary had for both her Savior and her son. What it much have been like to raise him! What a choice woman she was to have been chosen to be the Mother of the Son of God!

O have thought about the journey that she and Joseph took to Bethlehem. I am told it was a 95 mile trip, that would have taken about 5 days to travel, traveling all day long for those days. Having been pregnant now four time, I know all to well the discomfort a women feels at the end of her pregnancy. I can only imagine this trip being that great with child. And then to find no room, when she new her son was soon to come. Again, what a strong magniloquent woman!

And then as her son grew, she gave Him to us all. This Christmas, more than ever I am not only grateful for the magnificent gift that Christ himself gave us, but I am also grateful for his mother, who also gave us the wonderful gift of her son, my Savior.

Merry Christmas everyone! May your day be filled with joy, family, happiness and most of all a greater love, relationship and testimony of the Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment