Monday, November 9, 2009

Primary Program 2009

Yesterday was the annual Primary Sacrament program for Emma and Parker in our ward. That meeting has got to be one of my favorite meetings all year. There is just something about a child, so innocent and pure singing their little hearts out to these words:

I'm trying to be like Jesus
I'm following in his ways
I'm trying to love as He did
In all that I do and say
At times I am tempted to make the wrong choice
But I try to listen as the still small voice whispers
Love one another as Jesus loves you
Try to show kindness in all that you do
Be gentle and loving in deed and in thought
For these are the things Jesus taught.

As I was listing to these words and watching my little angels faces as they sung their hearts out I was so touched. They really are just trying to do all they know to be right. I believe one of the greatest blessings of motherhood is that you are able to learn to be more Christlike through your children's example. I am so grateful that through those faces, yesterday I was able to refocus on what is really important in my life.




No comments:

Post a Comment