Sunday, April 20, 2008

As I began thinking about starting this, I was a little hesitant at first. As a mother of young children, I tend to do the same things every day, and think the same thoughts. But as I have thought a little more about his, I have began to get more and more excited. Not because I think I have things to say that I think other people can benefit from, but because writing this and contemplating what I will be writing gets me to think on a deeper level that maybe I am not inclined to do otherwise. So more than anythings, I think I will like this as a 'journal entry' type log. Also, I am excited to communicate with family and friends through this, as I think sometimes we pass over the more meaningful thoughts and events in our lives in our everyday conversations.

So, to begin with, our latest and most exiting news is the news of Shon's new job. After trying, off and on for about 5 years, Shon was hired on Thursday to teach full time seminary. So this post would defiantly have to be dedicated to him. I am so grateful for his "never give up" spirit and how he encourages me in subtle ways to do the same. What an inspiration he is. Time and time again, his faith shows through as he faces his trials and gets right back up, and tries again. I really am lucky to have a spouse who is an example to me in more ways that I can name here.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new sem job! I am so happy for you guys. Its great to see that you have started your blog. Love you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the job! I know that has been a dream of Shon's for a long time. I am so glad that you started a blog. You might think that you have nothing to say, but you are so wrong. I can't tell you how often I am touched by something on a blog. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May I add my congratulatory praise as well. I am so happy for you both. I am excited that I will be able to stay in touch with you all through our blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for both of you. It's amazing how trusting the Lord's timetable brings blessings we would otherwise totally miss. I love you guys and am excited to stay more connected!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a touching moment to read and listen to your heart, Bree. I am filled with grattitude for an amazing brother who is just as you described him. I shouted for joy and jumped up and down when I heard of your news and I am anxious to talk to you more about it. Mostly, I am in awe with the hand of the Lord and how it is manifested in your lives. What amazing faith, patience and perserverance in this quest to teach. I am thrilled for your family and the blessings it will bring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited that you are bloggin cause we can stay in touch. It seems that over the years we have drifted apart but I would love to change that. I hope all is well and I love you!

    ReplyDelete